Reports to: Director of Driving Services
Company Profile: Established in 1975, the Swilly Group is one of the largest providers of training and recruitment services in Ireland. This award-winning company has offices in Letterkenny and Dublin and provides training and recruitment services to customers in the Transport, Driving, Healthcare, Childcare, Retail and Hospitality industry sectors. The Swilly Group is expanding its service portfolio to include a range of Recruitment, Job Placement and Employment Support Services.
The Swilly Group is currently seeking applications from highly motivated persons with managerial experience interested in joining the Swilly Group team. For further information on the Swilly Group please visit our website www.swillygroup.com.
Candidate Profile: The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ management experience and a proven track record in Truck or Bus driving or a similar role. He/she must have knowledge of driving, and the transport industry in general. Although not essential, a Train-the-Trainer Qualification would also be an advantage. He/she must be eager to learn, confident, good with people and flexible.
Job Description: The appointee will work report to the Director of Driving Services and be responsible for the management of Driving School services at our Letterkenny offices. He/she will also support the delivery of Swilly Group Driving Services at our Dublin office and throughout Ireland.
- Manage the delivery of all driving school services in Letterkenny across all licence categories (cars, car and trailers, minibuses, buses & trucks)
- Manage the Swilly Group Fleet and operate the preventative maintenance programme to ensure all vehicles are roadworthy and compliance with RSA and Road Safety Regulations
- Manage the tax, insurance and roadworthiness certification of the Swilly Group Fleet
- Liaise directly with the Director of Driving Services and other Swilly Group Management regarding Resource Management
- Plan the allocation and efficient use human resources (Instructors) and vehicles to ensure seamless delivery of Swilly Group driving school services
- Support the management and delivery of other driving related training courses and programmes e.g. Driver CPC
- Provide classroom tuition on driving and the rules of the road on Swilly Group programmes
- Work closely with Swilly Group management to develop attractive service offerings for Swilly Group customers
- Work closely with Swilly Group management to develop and market Swilly Group Driving Services
- Provide Driving Tuition and other Driving Services in cars, car and trailers, buses and trucks
- Teach Swilly Group learners about the basic maintenance of vehicles and how to carry out driver daily checks of vehicles as per the RSA guidelines
- Bring to the attention of Swilly Group management any defects or faults on Swilly Group vehicles that you become aware of
- Manage the compliance of Driving Services with Swilly Group Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental management systems
- Support and comply with the RSA quality control and service delivery procedures for driving services being delivered by Swilly Group tutors
- Work along project timelines and towards targets set by management
- Providing training in both the Training Centre and Driving School.
- Participate in training programmes and seminars as requested by Swilly Group Management
You will be required to be flexible in this position and must be prepared to undertake such other duties as may be assigned to you by the company from time to time. Such duties can be outside the area of your normal work.
Applicants should apply with a Cover Letter and full Curriculum Vitae. The position will be kept open until it is filled. For more information or to apply, please contact or submit your CV with your expression of interest to: Ms. Denise Doherty, Recruitment Division, The Swilly Group, Business Park Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please mark the envelope “Driving School Manager Application”.
Swilly Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click for online application:Click Here to Apply