Tourism has experienced a steady growth in visitor numbers to Ireland over the last number of years. This had generated a demand for well trained and competent staff to work in the hotel and catering industry. The Swilly Group has worked closely with a number of major employers and their representative groups in this sector to develop this cutting edge programme. The aim of the programme is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to successfully take up employment in the Hospitality Sector. He/she will gain a rounded knowledge of both front of house and the kitchen operations associated with the serving food or beverages in a Hotel, Bar or Restaurant.
The course will cover the following core elements:
- Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Services (City and Guilds)
- Food Safety in Catering
- Health and Safety In Catering and Hospitality
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Menu Knowledge and design
- Principles of beverage product knowledge
- Service of hot beverage
- Food and Beverage Service Skills
- Handling Payments
- Customer service in hospitality, leisure travel and tourism
- Occupational First Aid (FETAC)
- Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA)
The learners will complete 10 weeks of work placement in a Hotel, Bar or Restaurant where they will gain experience in serving of Food of Beverages. They will also experience the day to day operations and work environment within such an organisation.
Locations and Start Dates
|Donegal||01 December 2014||25 Weeks|
|Mayo||13 January 2015||25 Weeks|
|Galway||02 February 2015||25 Weeks|
|Limerick||23 February 2015||25 Weeks|
To find out more about this programme contact:
Michelle Doherty, Training Manager, Swilly Group
T: (074) 91 51212
To be eligible for a Momentum programme you must meet the following criteria:
- Be unemployed for 12 months or longer and
- Be in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance, Jobseekers Benefit or be signing on for Social Insurance Contribution Credits for 12 months or longer and
- Be actively seeking work.
You must apply through Employment Services at the Department of Social Protection to confirm your eligibility and get assistance in identifying a suitable project.