The Warehousing and Transport Industry sector is one of the largest areas of employment in the country. There is an ever increasing demand on companies to comply with Irish and EU legislation. The Swilly Group has worked closely with a number of major employers in the transport and distribution industry to develop this cutting edge programme. The Warehousing and Transport Manager programme is designed to allow the learner to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to allow them to take up a management position in a Warehousing and/or Transport Company.
The course will cover the following core elements:
- Certificate in Transport Management (CILT)
- Occupational First Aid (FETAC)
- Customer Services (FETAC)
- Warehousing and Storage Skills (C & G)
The learners will complete 10 weeks of work placement in a warehousing or transport company where they will gain experience in warehousing and/or transport management. They will also experience the day to day operations and work environment within such a company.
Locations and Start Dates
|17 November 2014
|2 March 2015
|30 March 2015
To find out more about this programme contact:
Gerard Lynch, Training Manager, Swilly Group
T: (074) 91 51212
To be eligible for a Momentum programme you must meet the following criteria:
- Be unemployed for 12 months or longer and
- Be in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance, Jobseekers Benefit or be signing on for Social Insurance Contribution Credits for 12 months or longer and
- Be actively seeking work.
You must apply through Employment Services at the Department of Social Protection to confirm your eligibility and get assistance in identifying a suitable project.